Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Zacks Graduation!

Zack Graduated with his Bachelors or Science in Secondary History education on April 29, 2011 at 1:00pm. We started the day by giving him little presents.

My mom gave him a UVU tie that he's been wanting and he wore it under his gown. The kids and I gave him UVU shorts, since he also has Snow college shorts, I figured he could add these to his collection.

After the Graduation stuff was all over, I had put together a little surprise party for him. He thought that just his family would be there to surprise him, but I got as many friends and neighbors as I could. I was surprised and told me he had a great night. I was so stressed about it! So glad it all fell into place!

This was taken right after he walked off the stage. We were both trying to be quick about it and neither of us noticed that the folder was upside down...opps! Richard was trying to take a picture next to my and accidently pushed the button to turn the camera off :) I kind of had to giggle. He walked around to where Zack was sitting and took another one!

Right along those same lines, I left the video camera with my mom to video tap. I quickly told her how to do it then ran off to take picture of Zack. When I came back, it turns out she had pushed the wrong button and missed the whole thing. I thought it was funny but she felt so terribly bad. Its not a problem at all though. Even Zack said all he needed were the pictures. Still, She was on the verge of tears. Darn technology! :)

This is Zack and his buddy T. J. Ballard. They were both history Majors and helped each other quite a bit through the two years they were together. They still talk and Zack says he thinks they will be the kind of friends that keep in touch and help each other out with teaching. I'm so glad he has a friend like this to help him out and relate to.

Nana Chele came to visit us a few days before Zack graduated. She came for his graduation, two weddings, and to take Tami home. She was a great help to me and the kiddos just love her to death! I hope I can be half the mom she is.

We found this graduation headband at the dollar store...you cant pass up something this cute for just a dollar. It was a surprise for Zack and he thought it was awesome!

Taken before Zack left for graduation.

Zack with his parents after he graduated

Zack with Nana chele after he graduated. Thats sums up all of us that were there. We went to eat at cafe rio afterwards. Richard had to go home to work, Anita took Zack shopping, while I took my mom and kids home to get ready for the surprise party! It was a long fun day! And the kids were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment