Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We survived the weekend! Thursday was Thanksgiving and since we are oh so rich, we ended up staying here in Sunsites and had a thanksgiving lunch with our ward. It was very nice, however not anything like what Zack and I are used to. We have been very spoiled by our families and it was difficult not to be with them for the holiday. Friday we Left early in the morning and drove the 3 1/2 hours to Mesa to have a get together with Zacks extended family. It was nice and I met a lot of new people, and also re-met some. We spent the night at his uncle Rays house. I couldn't get over how much he looked like Lincoln! On Saturday we met up with my friend from High school who moved down here a few months before we did, Katie Sparks (williams). We went to Brass Pro Shops and Zack had an absolute hayday playing and wishing in that store. We made a few other stops and had lunch with our buddies. Our children started getting grumpy so we made the long trek home. That sums up the Thanksgiving adventure of 2011.

Today Zacks Basketball team (JV-which is what he coaches) won their game! I took the kids to go see it and they did great. Lots of whistles blowing and people cheering to keep them on their toes. Zack left early and we were able to enjoy some family time at Pizza hut. Zack was formally evaluated for the first time today and he said it went great. He did misspell worship as 'Whorship' and the kids got a huge kick out of that!

Shaylie has been having some attitude stress lately and so I've cut out all candy privileges. Doesn't seem to be helping. She's a big sweetheart, and very shy, but with me she is just a naughty some times! We took zack to meet up with the bus to take him down to get his car tonight and Shay got after me for leaving him! "He was just talking with that man mom and you left him! He's all alone now! Poor daddy. He needs his Shay!" After some calming down and a talk to daddy on the phone she was okay :)

Remember in my last post when I said Kade isn't really showing any real interest in walking? I guess I was lying. In the last two or three days he's taken a step or two. Mostly falling forward, but he loves to get up and try again. He's such a happy baby. He gives me kisses and loves to roll on people. I still cant get him to sleep through the night and I"m currently blaming it on the many teeth he's cutting. He's a big boy. At his 9 month check up he weighed 21lbs and was 27inch long (head was 17 inch) he's growing up so fast!



Last Saturday we decided to help support Zacks School by getting our pictures taken for a fund raiser. They turned out great...except...no on cared to tell me that I had too much make up over ONE eye. The kids took great pictures though!! She was able to get them to both smile at the same time!


1 comment:

  1. I just can't believe how much those kids have grown they look so big

    ReplyDelete